Tuesday 25 September 2012

University Bedroom Guide

After a four month break, I've finally moved into my new house at University to start my second year of studying! It took many car trips, tonnes of boxes and loads of bags, but eventually all my belongings have made it to Perry Barr. I've taken a few snaps of my lovely bedroom. It's so homely and cosy in there, which really makes me feel comfortable when away from home at Uni!
 

 
As you can see, I've got loads of bit and bobs in there! I'd say the most important thing about making a bedroom look great is colour! Find a colourful bed set to brighten up the room. Mine's from Tesco and was an absolute bargain. So you don't need to spend that much either! Posters and hangers are also really useful for a Univeristy bedroom. Landlords don't tend to like tenants hammering nails in the walls, so blu tac and hooks are a great idea to tackle this! Photo displays are another 'must' when living away from home. They're great memos and also help decorate your room! Dunelm Mill and Next Home do some particularly lovely photo frames, alternatively just blu tac some to your wardrobe or wall for a cheaper option.
 
Storage boxes and gift bags are a good way to keep your bedroom tidy! The Boofle bag for life pictured above was only 99p from Clintons. What a bargain and it's so cute. The Keep Calm And Tidy Up box was from The Range and holds all of my printer paper and notebooks which I don't want on show. As for the bunting... You'll have to look out for a future post on that! I'll be posting about DIY bunting and also giving tips on where to buy bunting and materials from.
 
I hope I've inspired some new design feature ideas for your bedrooms readers. I'd love to see some photos! Feel free to post them on www.facebook.com/MaterialMedia or tweet me them by using @Abbey_Hartley.
 
Abbey xo